DJEDKARE’S PYRAMID COMPLEX PES XIX/2017 37 The work in 2016 concentrated on four areas of the pyramid complex:1 1. The magazine rooms to the south of the entrance hall (pr-wrw) (T.f 3–9); 2. The western end of the causeway (C) and its connection to the entrance hall (pr-wrw); 3. The area to the south of the causeway (C); 4. Restoration and consolidation works inside the pyramid of Djedkare. The magazine rooms to the south of the entrance hall (pr-wrw) (T.f 3–9) Temple area T.f features two distinct parts (see fig. 2). The western part is badly preserved, only containing a few floor blocks indicating the existence of a corridor in the southern half, while the northern part of the area presents itself as an open courtyard (T.f 1–2).2The eastern half of T.f is situated between the entrance hall (T.a) in the north and Djedkare’s pyramid complex: Preliminary report of the 2016 season Mohamed Megahed – Peter Jánosi – Hana Vymazalová Documentation work carried out by the Egyptian mission in the pyramid complex of King Djedkare at South Saqqara continued between October 8 and November 10, 2016 (fig. 1). It was noticed during the earlier documentation seasons that the only available architectural plans of the pyramid complex, which were published by the Italian architects Vito Maragioglio and Celeste Rinaldi in 1962 and 1977, not only contain a number of inaccuracies, but are also inconsistent among themselves (Megahed 2011a; Megahed 2011b; Megahed 2014; Megahed et al. 2016; Megahed 2016: 13–14, 81; Megahed – Jánosi 2017). Therefore, it is the aim of the current Egyptian mission to confirm or correct their plan in the areas of the mortuary temple of Djedkare, excavated in the 1940s and 1950s. In addition, the mission intends to protect, consolidate and restore the royal monument as well as the surrounding structures including non-royal tombs. Fig. 1 The pyramid complex of King Djedkare in South Saqqara, with the Dahshur pyramids in the background (photo H. Vymazalová) PES XIX_2017_reports_3-89_PES 14.12.17 9:32 Stránka 37
the massif (T.i) to the south. It consists of a corridor (T.f 3) running east-west from which six doors opened into six rooms (magazines?) to the north (T.f 4–9). The area was selected with regard to the other parts of the funerary temple, which were documented during the previous seasons, including T.a – T.b – T.c – T.d and the northwestern part of the open courtyard T.e (Megahed – Jánosi 2017). As in the previous seasons, the aim of the work in 2016 was to fully document this part of the temple and to cover it again for protection. Thus, the site was carefully cleared of the sand and rubble debris, and the large limestone blocks that were lying on the floor of that area were moved aside. A large part of the original limestone pavement survived in good condition. The floor was built of good quality limestone showing the characteristic patchwork pattern already observed in other parts of the pyramid temple (see e.g. Megahed 2016: 84–85). Even though no traces of walls remained in situ, the surface of the floor featured the smooth and rough parts clearly indicating the outlines of the individual rooms that once existed in this area (figs. 3–4). It is also typical that the floor blocks of the rooms and corridor were generally smaller in size, while larger blocks once supported the side walls. The corridor (T.f 3) was 1.6 m wide and the length of the preserved parts reached 14.25 m. Its outlines are fairly well visible, although large areas of its limestone floor blocks, especially in the western part, are missing today. The eastern part is better preserved. Enough remained, however, to show that at its western end a door existed, clearly marked by the traces of a door socket and faint traces of typical scratches of a door wing on the floor’s surface (see fig. 4). No masonry between the corridor and the core of the massif (T.i) to the south has survived. The outlines on the floor blocks and the narrow space make it clear, however, that no doors opened to the south and simply a plain wall of about 2 m thickness formed the bonding device between the corridor and the southern massif. Two of the pavement blocks under the south wall of the corridor bear so-called quarry marks of a cross in a circle written in red paint on their sides (once hidden, now looking south). These marks are known from other royal monuments as well.3In addition, an inscription in black paint was added onto one of these blocks, perhaps referring to one of the work gangs (fig. 5a, b). Several more hieratic inscriptions were recorded on the blocks of the north wall of the southern massif (T.i), which was cleaned to its foundation. The bottom of this massif 38 PES XIX/2017 DJEDKARE’S PYRAMID COMPLEX Fig. 2 General plan of Djedkare’s pyramid temple. The areas marked in grey represent the cleaned and documented parts of the precinct in 2013–2016, thick lines show the preserved parts of the rooms. The layout and size of the rooms in white areas are based on Maragioglio’s and Rinaldi’s plan (1977) (drawing P. Jánosi) PES XIX_2017_reports_3-89_PES 14.12.17 9:32 Stránka 38
DJEDKARE’S PYRAMID COMPLEX PES XIX/2017 39 Fig. 3 Rooms 3–9 of area T.f (view from west to east), showing the preserved parts of the floor, outlines of the storerooms and the corridor situated to the south of the entrance hall (photo P. Jánosi) was built of large blocks of grey limestone, on which the same sign repeated several times in red paint (fig. 6a, b). It is clearly a sign of a building, similar to the shape of the Snw-sign (Gardiner 1957: 498, O 51). However, the Snw-sign usually has its side walls oblique and the strokes inside short (Goedicke 1988: 30a; Möller 1909) even though variants with two vertical lines can be found as well (Ransom-Williams 1932: pls. Ij and IIb). With no further context, the interpretation of this hieratic sign is not easy; it might also represent an aH-shrine (Gardiner 1957: 495, O 21) or a pr-nw-chapel (Gardiner 1957: 495, O 20). It perhaps designates the structure itself, but further exploration of the pyramid complex is needed to confirm or correct this hypothesis. Outlines on the pavement, which supported the massif’s northeastern corner, showed that the eastern façade of the temple was once adorned with a pair of torus moldings. One was at the southeast corner of the massif, the other marked its northeastern corner, which was hidden behind the temple’s façade. A cavetto cornice crowned the top of the cased massif, as is shown by large limestone blocks still lying in this area and displaying these features. The north wall of the corridor (T.f 3) featured six doors leading to six rooms or magazines (T.f 4–9). Only two of these entrances can be traced on the preserved parts of the pavement today, namely the doors to magazines T.f 4 and T.f 5. The back (north) walls of these rooms were constructed against the southern side of the south wall of the entrance hall (pr-wrw, T.a). As in other parts of this area, no walls exist anymore, but the outlines of the missing walls of almost all the rooms are clearly visible on the preserved surface of the floor blocks. None of the storerooms has its outline preserved in full, however, the missing parts of individual rooms can be reconstructed accordingly. The walls between the rooms have more or less the same width of 1.05 m to 1.10 m (corresponding to 2 cubits). Rooms T.f 5–T.f 9 measured 2.50–2.60 m (ca. 5 cubits) in width. It is worth mentioning that the thickness of the walls and the widths of the rooms are comparable to the storerooms located to the north of the pr-wrw, which were explored in 2015. In that area, however, only a very small part of the floor blocks survived until today. The floor outlines show that the walls of these rooms did not run entirely straight. As the pavement did not survive in the southern parts of the magazines, it is difficult to determine precisely their original lengths. Based on the preserved northern outlines of T.f 6–T.f 7 and the southern outlines and door sockets of T.f 3 and T.f 5, it can be calculated that the original length of each room was ca. 8.75 m (ca. 16.5 cubits). The western end of the causeway (C) and its connection to the temple’s entrance hall (pr-wrw) Today the original course of the temple’s causeway leading down into the valley can clearly be discerned.4Its entire length remains unknown, however, since the position of the PES XIX_2017_reports_3-89_PES 14.12.17 9:32 Stránka 39
40 PES XIX/2017 DJEDKARE’S PYRAMID COMPLEX Fig. 4 Archaeological plan of rooms 3–9 of area T.f (drawing P. Jánosi, H. Vymazalová) PES XIX_2017_reports_3-89_PES 14.12.17 9:32 Stránka 40
DJEDKARE’S PYRAMID COMPLEX PES XIX/2017 41 Fig. 6a, b Hieratic sign repeated twice on one of the blocks in situ in the north wall of the so-called southern massif (photo and drawing H. Vymazalová) Fig. 5a, b Hieratic inscription on a pavement block of corridor T.f 3 (photo and drawing H. Vymazalová) valley temple – which is lost under the modern houses of Saqqara – is also unknown.5In 2016 season an area of ca. 13 × 8 m in front of the entrance into the pr-wrw was cleared in order to document the remaining parts of the western end of the causeway (C) and its connection to the temple. Part of the causeway’s southern side is still quite well preserved and visible (fig. 7). Only five large limestone blocks remained on its north side, which once belonged to the foundation of the causeway’s north wall. From the actual pathway, only three blocks of white limestone remained, which sit on small coarse limestone blocks of different quality. The width of the pathway did not exceed 2.6 m (5 cubits) and the causeway walls were ca. 2.4 m thick, but no masonry remained and these measurements are only inferred from the sizes of and the traces on the existing foundation blocks.6Unfortunately, also no blocks PES XIX_2017_reports_3-89_PES 14.12.17 9:32 Stránka 41
with architectural features could be found, which would help to reconstruct the original form of the causeway’s architecture.7Contrary to Nyuserre’s causeway (Borchardt 1907: 45), where basalt blocks formed the dado of the inner walls, not a single fragment of this kind of stone has come up thus far, and it must be concluded that Djedkare’s causeway was entirely built of white limestone as Sahure’s causeway (Borchardt 1910: 39). The total height of the passage remains unknown.8However, the causeway was once certainly covered and had a ceiling decorated with stars. Some blocks decorated with the typical star pattern were found during the clearance of that area. The inner side walls were vertical and certainly decorated with fine raised relief. A fragment showing female personifications of funerary domains or offering bearers, which might have originated from the causeway’s south wall, was retrieved from the pit in the entrance into the pr-wrw (DJ 216). By cleaning down to the causeway’s foundation, we revealed part of a well-preserved water drain, which consists of oblong quartzite blocks of differing lengths.9The entire length excavated in the causeway is 6.5 m. The orientation of the drain does not strictly follow the east-west alignment of the causeway, but angles slightly from southwest to northeast. At a certain point to the east, the drain shows a marked bend to the northeast and runs for another 4 m. No further blocks were found there, but it seems likely that the end of this drain was constructed similarly to the water conduit found at the western end of Nyuserre’s causeway, where the drain ends above a huge sandstone basin to collect the liquid.10 The drain channel is not evenly cut out of the hard stone and shows a puzzling variation of depth from very shallow at 3 cm to as deep as 8 cm. The broadest section varies between 10 to 16 cm. Crude limestone blocks forming part of the foundation covered these drain blocks. The joints and gaps between the quartzite blocks were patched with thick white plaster, some of it covering even the inside of the drain. The cutting, setting, and bonding of these blocks are rather carelessly executed11 and one wonders for how long this drain functioned after the temple was finished.12 Further to the west, following the path into the temple, the drain disappears under the floor blocks of the causeway. After a distance of 6 m, it reappears again in a huge hole, which was obviously dug by stone robbers in the entrance of the pr-wrw. On the other side of this hole, a further drain block is present, clearly indicating the course of the drain ran through the entire length of the pr-wrw. It might be supposed that, as in the temple of Nyuserre, the drain ran straight to the centre of the columned courtyard, where a basin set in the pavement collected the rainwater (Borchardt 1907: 61). Thus far, no traces of this drainage system have been uncovered in the pr-wrw or in the courtyard. The area to the south of the causeway: a private necropolis of the late Old Kingdom The area located to the south of the causeway and immediately adjoining the temple’s eastern façade is one of the most intriguing parts of Djedkare’s pyramid complex. 42 PES XIX/2017 DJEDKARE’S PYRAMID COMPLEX Fig. 7 The western part of the causeway with partly preserved pavement and foundation blocks, showing the remains of a drain (photo P. Jánosi) PES XIX_2017_reports_3-89_PES 14.12.17 9:32 Stránka 42
DJEDKARE’S PYRAMID COMPLEX PES XIX/2017 43 The site was explored by Ahmed Fakhry in late 1952 during his excavations in the pyramid complex, but except for a very brief account (Fakhry 1959: 30), the importance of this private necropolis remains enigmatic (cf. Porter – Moss – Málek 1979: 672). According to the excavator’s report “seventeen tombs which had all been robbed” were discovered and obviously explored.13 These structures, constructed entirely of mud bricks (but see the limestone burial chamber in shaft 5), made them susceptible to damage and destruction, and most of them have been covered again by wind-blown sand (fig. 8). Presently, the layout of these tombs is difficult to understand without further exploration. The goal of the 2016 season was, therefore, to start documenting the northwestern part of the still visible structures, consolidate them and to ascertain their relationship to the temple architecture. Tomb MS 1 Several tombs, respectively tomb shafts, could be distinguished on the surface of the site, but the work in 2016 focused on the northwestern part of a mud brick structure (mastaba MS1) comprising several shafts. This tomb measures ca. 5.5 × 4.0 m and is adjoined by other structures on its eastern and southern side (fig. 9). The complex consisted of 40–70 cm thick mud brick walls built in a north-south and east-west direction forming six inner compartments. The north wall of the tomb, i.e. the north wall of shafts 1, 3 and 5 is almost completely destroyed. It was only possible to ascertain the existence of this wall in the lowermost courses of the shafts. On the eastern side, a narrow corridor between MS 1 and another tomb to the east (which was not explored in 2016) was uncovered. This corridor continues about 2 m to the south, but was not further explored. The floor of the corridor consisted of a mud layer, still partly preserved, which featured discoloring in various parts, indicating some kind of ancient use. The southern side of the structure is also not entirely explored and the southern side of MS 1 – if there was any – not yet detected. The remains of a mud brick wall running east-west in this part do not belong to the original tomb structure; it seems to be of a much later date (Late Period?), although the mud bricks are the same as used in the construction of MS 1. In later periods, temple squatters reused old building material for their own purposes at the site, a feature that can be observed in various parts of the temple precinct. The area immediately to the south of shafts 2, 4 and 6 was cleaned as well, which in the upper layers revealed debris probably left by Fakhry’s workmen. About 1.3 m deeper and below the debris, a simple burial placed in an east-west direction was found together with a complete pottery jar of a Late Period date. Further south, another structure was located, which was not explored in 2016. The inner compartments of the tomb included five shafts (1–5) and a small burial place (6). The shafts are arranged in two rows comprising three shafts each. It becomes clear that shaft 5 in the northeastern corner is the main shaft of the tomb building. All shafts were uncovered and emptied Fig. 8 The mud brick structures located to the southeast of the funerary temple at the beginning of the work (photo H. Vymazalová) PES XIX_2017_reports_3-89_PES 14.12.17 9:32 Stránka 43
by Fakhry’s workmen. Fakhry mentioned that all the shafts were robbed (Fakhry 1959: 31). In some of them, various finds (including bones) were redeposited. Shaft 1 This shaft is located in the northwestern corner of the tomb complex. The shaft is 1.26 × 0.82 m wide at its opening and reached 4.73 m deep (mud brick size: 33 × 16 × 9 cm). The north wall of this shaft is almost entirely missing due to long exposure to weather and destruction. The other three walls are better preserved. At the bottom of the shaft, rows of well laid mud bricks were found, but these do not cover the entire floor area of the shaft. The fill of the shaft (certainly the backfill from Fakhry’s work) consisted of limestone chips of different sizes and brown sand. The burial chamber was constructed to the south of the shaft, and it reaches under the bottom of shaft 2 to the south. The entrance to the burial chamber was 1.24 m high and was built as a semi-circular arch. The chamber was 2.64 × × 0.85 m large with a north-south orientation, and it was found empty of any fill. As the walls of the shaft, the walls of the chamber were constructed entirely of mud bricks, as was its vaulted ceiling. At the southern end of the chamber we found scattered human remains, however, not in their original place. In the same area, waste and old plastic bags from the remnants of the old excavation work were also found. Shafts 2 and 4 These two shafts are located in the southern part of the tomb and were apparently built together. Shaft 2 is located to the south of shaft 1; it is 1.05 × 0.95 m wide at its opening and reached 2.80 m deep (mud brick of 32/33 × × 16 × 8 cm). Shaft 4 is situated to the east of shaft 2; it is 1.10 × 1.10 m wide at its opening and reached 2.80 m deep (the same depth as in shaft 2). The fill of the shafts consisted of brown sand, limestone chips, stones, rubble and very fine dust. The burial chambers of the shafts were constructed to the south and were both oriented north-south. The entrance to the burial chamber of shaft 2 was 1.08 m high and was built in the form of a semi-circular arch. The chamber of this shaft was 3.50 × 0.95 m. The entrance to the burial chamber of shaft 4 was 1.14 m high and was built in the form of a semi-circular arch. The chamber was 3.50 × 0.95 m. While Fakhry refilled the shafts, both burial chambers were found empty of any fill. The burial chamber of shaft 2 contained a few scattered human remains. The chambers were constructed entirely of mud bricks and each had a vaulted ceiling. No floor was detected on the bottom of the two shafts, and their chambers and the lowermost course of the mud brick walls was built directly on sand mixed with rubble. Older, disturbed mud brick masonry with limestone pieces can be seen underneath the southern and eastern wall of the chamber in shaft 4. 44 PES XIX/2017 DJEDKARE’S PYRAMID COMPLEX Fig. 9 Plan of tomb MS 1. The substructures are indicated in dashed lines (drawing P. Jánosi) PES XIX_2017_reports_3-89_PES 14.12.17 9:32 Stránka 44
DJEDKARE’S PYRAMID COMPLEX PES XIX/2017 45 The mud brick masonry of the burial chamber of shaft 1 (namely its outer south wall) was detected underneath the central part of both burial chambers. To the south of it, the two chambers of shafts 2 and 4 were connected through a 1 m wide opening in the dividing wall (fig. 10). Shaft 3 Shaft 3 is located to the east of shaft 1; it is 1.30 × 1.05 m wide at its opening and reached 4.96 m deep. The north mud brick wall of the shaft is almost entirely destroyed, only 1.70 m remained. No floor was detected on the bottom of the shaft and the fill of the shaft contained limestone chips of different sizes and brown sand. The burial chamber was constructed to the south of the shaft, and its entrance was built in the form of a semicircular 1.55 m high arch. The chamber has a north-south orientation, and it measures 2.62 × 1.05 m. The walls and the vaulted ceiling of the chamber are constructed entirely of mud bricks. The entrance to the burial chamber was found blocked by a modern wall built by the previous excavator, perhaps to protect the neighboring shaft 5 (see below) as well as an uninscribed offering table with a Htp-sign and two shallow basins on its sides (DJ-F15/2016; 40 × 26.5 × 12 cm), which was left inside the chamber. Shaft 5 This shaft is the most important part of MS 1; it is the largest shaft in the tomb, measuring 1.46 × 1.30 m at its opening and reaching 4.75 m deep. The top of this shaft was partly reconstructed and protected by a modern wooden roof and a wooden door, installed by the previous excavators; these installations were in bad state and no longer played their protective role. Therefore, a new iron roof and an iron door were installed on this shaft. The shaft was found free of any fill and contained a wooden ladder left by the previous explorers, which is strong enough to be used again. After a simple cleaning of fine dust collected at the bottom of the shaft, the burial chamber was easily accessible. As expected, this was the decorated burial chamber dated to the Sixth Dynasty (Fakhry 1961: 181; Moursi 1988a). The burial chamber, constructed of mud bricks, is located to the south of the shaft with a north-south orientation, and it is 3.0 × 1.3 m large and 1.8 m high, with a plastered vaulted ceiling. This chamber contained the proper burial chamber built of limestone, which measured 2.90 × 1.02 × 1.07 m and was once closed with limestone slabs found at the bottom of the shaft. Its floor is made of limestone blocks and is well preserved (fig. 11). Its flat ceiling made of 12–25 cm thick slabs is painted in red and black to imitate red granite; it is not preserved in the southern part of the chamber, thus revealing the mud brick vault above. The side walls of ca. 10 cm thick slabs bear painted decoration in good quality and a good state of preservation (figs. 12–13). The west wall is the most complete in the chamber but is missing part of its southern end. The scenes on this wall represent various offerings, e.g. numerous jars, jewelry, oil vessels, ornaments jars, folded cloth, and mirrors. Beside them, a depiction of the palace façade (false door) follows, further followed by at least three registers of chests (the upper slab is missing in this scene). Above the offerings a single line of inscription runs: Htp dj nzwt Inpw xntj zH-nTr jmj wt, nb tA Dsr qrs.t(w).f m Xrt-nTr jmAxw Ppjj-anx, “A boon which the king gives and Anubis, foremost of the divine booth, who is in the embalming place, lord of the sacred land, that he be buried in the necropolis, the revered one Pepyankh”. Of the southern wall of the chamber, only the bottom section is preserved; the scene depicts heaps of different kinds of grain. Interestingly, a picture of the chamber published by Moursi in 1988 shows that the southern wall was complete at that time (Moursi 1988a: 65–68) and also contained scenes of four granaries. The east wall of the chamber is missing a large part of its southern end. The wall exhibits paintings in the northern part, with various food offerings, e.g. meat, bread, and Fig. 10 The vaulted burial chamber in shaft 4, showing the passage into the chamber of shaft 2 on the right side (photo H. Vymazalová) PES XIX_2017_reports_3-89_PES 14.12.17 9:32 Stránka 45
Megahed, Mohamed – Vymazalová, Hana – Brůna, Vladimír – Marek, Zdeněk 2016 “Die Pyramide des Djedkare-Isesi in 3-D, Neue Methoden zur Dokumentation der Königlichen Grabkammer”, Sokar 32/1, pp. 38–49. Möller, Georg 1909 Hieratische Paläographie. Die aegyptische Buchschrift in ihrer Entwicklung von der 5. Dynastie bis zur Römischen Kaiserzeit. Bd. 1. Bis zum Beginn der achtzehnten Dynastie, Leipzig: Hinrichs. Moursi, Mohamed 1988a “Die Ausgrabungen in der Gegend um die Pyramide des +d-kA-ra ‘Jssj bei Saqqara II”, Göttinger Miszellen 105, pp. 65–68. 1988b “Die Ausgrabungen in der Gegend um die Pyramide des +d-kA-ra ‘Jssj bei Saqqara III”, Göttinger Miszellen 106, pp. 65–69. Porter, Bertha – Moss, Rosalind L. B. – Málek, Jaromír 1979 Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Statues, Reliefs and Paintings III. Memphis. Part 2. Saqqara to Dahshur, Oxford: Griffith Institute. Ranke, Hermann 1935 Die ägyptischen Personennamen. Bd. 1. Verzeichnis der Namen, Glückstadt: Verlag von J. J. Augustin. 1952 Die ägyptischen Personennamen. Bd. 2. Einleitung. Form und Inhalt der Namen. Geschichte der Namen. Vergleiche mit anderen Namen. Nachträge und Zusätze zu Band I. Umschreibungslisten. Glückstadt: Verlag von J. J. Augustin. Ransom-Williams, Caroline 1932 The Decoration of the Tomb of Per-neb: The Technique and the Color Conventions, New York: The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Verner, Miroslav 1992 Baugraffiti der Ptahschepses Mastaba, Prague: Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Arts [Abusir II]. Verner, Miroslav et al. 2006 The Pyramid Complex of Raneferef. The Archeology, Prague: Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague – Academia [Abusir IX]. Wiese, André B. 1996 Die Anfänge der ägyptischen Stempelsiegel-Amulette. Eine typologische und religionsgeschichtliche Untersuchung zu den “Knopfsiegeln” und verwandten Objekten der 6. bis frühen 12. Dynastie, Freiburg Schweiz – Göttingen: Universitätsverlag Freiburg Schweiz – Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht [Orbis Biblicus Orientalis. Series Archaeologica 12]. Abstract: The article presents the results of the 2016 archaeological season of the Egyptian mission in the pyramid complex of King Djedkare in South Saqqara. The works focused on the western part of the causeway where remains of a drainage was documented, and on the storerooms situated to the south of the entrance passage. During this work, also the north side of the so-called southern massive was cleaned. Besides the funerary temple, also the private cemetery located to the south-east of it started to be documented in this season. A mud brick structure, MS 1, was cleaned; it consisted of six shafts with vaulted burial chambers. Only one of the chambers (in shaft 5) was cased with limestone slabs, which bear a well preserved painted decoration. This burial chamber belonged to Pepyankh Setju and can be dated to the late Sixth Dynasty. Another part of the work in 2016 concentrated inside the pyramid of the king. The consolidation and restoration works were carried out in the burial apartments, concentrating on the missing part of the eastern wall of the antechamber and the core behind it. Old Kingdom – South Saqqara – Djedkare – pyramid complex – mastaba Mohamed Megahed (
[email protected]) Czech Institute of Egyptology, Faculty of Arts, Charles University Peter Jánosi (peter[email protected]) Institute of Egyptology, University of Vienna, Austria Hana Vymazalová (
[email protected]) Czech Institute of Egyptology, Faculty of Arts, Charles University 52 PES XIX/2017 DJEDKARE’S PYRAMID COMPLEX PES XIX_2017_reports_3-89_PES 14.12.17 9:32 Stránka 52